Time For A Kitchadi Cleanse

I've decided that I need to do something to reboot myself. I woke up this morning un-energetic, un-motivated and simply feeling like crap. And I don't know why. At first, I thought it was because I wasn't getting enough sleep, but for the past week, I've made sure to go to bed at a decent hour and only wake up having at least 7.5 hours of sleep. Then I examined my eating habits. Being a graduate student that is taking classes, working and having to write my thesis its easy for me to actually forget to eat. I know who forgets to eat?...Me. So then I made sure that I was eating 3 meals a day complete with protein and veggies and drinking fruit juices everyday and consuming large amounts of water. Still no luck. To make things worse, I've been having a chronic headache for the past week or so (I'm not sure how long a condition has to exist before it can be call chronic, but I'm using it here to emphasize its longevity). I've been doing yoga and working out more than usual and still nothing. For the past few weeks, I've had quite a few health issues arise  ranging from swollen body parts, to possible hyperthyroidism and others, intense headaches, tiredness and lack of energy. I would like to say this is the manifestation of the toxins leaving my body as a result of yoga, but considering that I've only been doing it for roughly 3 weeks and this last one was not consistent that would be very naive of me. 

I'm out of options for restoring my health. I don't know what else to do. I feel like I've tried everything except for a cleanse or detox program. I've been weary of doing that because the last time I attempted to do a juice cleanse it did not turn out so well. But I'm at my wit's end. I can't afford to not feel tired or not have any energy to do anything. I have things that I need to finish like my thesis, studying that needs to be done and so much more. I need to feel good. I need to feel light, clean and most of all energetic and excited about life. So cleanse it will be. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else I can do. 

I'm not going to go over board and think that I can do a strict water or juice fast. Because me doing that would only result in me following it for at most 2 days. One thing that I've learned from research and personal experience that in order for a cleanse to be truly beneficial and have profound effects on one's body  is duration. I need a cleanse that is effective, cleansing and purifying that can be safely done at home for an extended period of time. So after researching and a slight hint from the universe (I think as it was mentioned to me in a message from someone that I don't talk to on a regular basis), I've decided to start a simple kitchadi cleanse on the day of the full moon, April 10. 

I don't have to start it on the full moon, but for me seeing as though this is a day of rest in ashtanga and I need time to get rid of the food that's in my refrigerator (for it will go bad if I don't eat it) this is a good day to kick it off. So my schedule will be as follows for at least 6 days:

Morning: Hot water with lemon and ginger
Breakfast: Green Smoothie
Lunch: Simple Kitchadi 
Dinner: Simple Kitchadi

*Herbal teas and at least 64 oz of water throughout the day. 
**I will not consume any dairy, onions or garlic during this cleanse, but I will continue to keep up with my asana and cardio practices.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.