Ashtangi Community: Shakira Williams





Shakira Williams, Ashtangi of Kingston, Jamaica, Founder of Sadhana Yoga





Seeing as though I'm attempting to share as much as I can about the beginning of my ashtanga journey, I would like to share with you some of the individuals that have inspired me and continue to do so. First up is Ms. Shakira Williams of Kingston Jamaica. I came across her YouTube videos where she talks about what ashtanga is, dispels myths about ashtanga and yoga in general and much more. In listening to her story and how she came to ashtanga, it inspired in me that possibly ashtanga could have a deep spiritual impact on my life. I love her videos. I love her passion and sincerity. I hope one day I can make it to Jamaica to take a class from her.





1 comments:

  1. Me too! I'm making a list of all the places I want to go and travel to, people I would like to practice and JA is definitely on there!

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.