Day 26/Day 1

*Picture taken in my "backyard" in Wyoming.
One of the first signs of green  for spring.
I've decided to go back to my roots on my spiritual journey by starting a 30-100 days challenge. For specifics into this plan or journey click here. As a part of this challenge, I'm getting back on track with my journey into ashtanga yoga. Hence the different amounts of days in title. The first indicates how many days this year, I had an asana session while the second represents the day I'm on for my challenge. This morning's session, the first of my challenge, was great. For some reason it felt deeper as if each pose was reaching the nooks and crannies of some unknown place. 



I can't really describe it, but I will try. It felt like my breath was a little...stronger, more forceful and reaching...my stance was more grounded, my arms were much heavier and took more effort to lift them. With each breath and the sinking down into a new pose, it was as if I was sinking deeper into some unknown territory.  I sank into each pose with strength and determination. I flowed into each new pose smoother and more fluid...more gracefully if you will.

I don't recall having any thoughts at all really. I mean I'm sure they were there, but their presence seemed so insignificant that they were practically non-existent. Except for one. I realized that in order for the pose to be strong and grounded, I had to be aware of my prep before hand. What I mean by this is that, even before standing for tadasana or samasthihi, I had to make sure my feet were shoulder length and apart and my toes spread out, my legs straight but not locked and my center balanced between the heels and balls of my feet. Everything had to be in their proper place before I was ready to begin. And I wondered is this what has happened in life also? Before someone is ready to take or make a huge step, take a new direction in their life, does everything have to be in its proper place?

I didn't receive an answer during my session, but I'm hoping as my challenge progresses and my yoga practice becomes more consistent and deep that realizations will come...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.