Day 28/ Day 3


Thoughts continually flowed throughout my asana practice this morning. It was like a constant stream of NPR mixed with news from MTV and some sort of Spiritual Talk Radio show. I couldn't control them and honestly, really wasn't trying to. I'm tired of trying to control who I am, how I feel and how I act (with the exception of extremely evil acts...I'm not that bad ;-). 

But honestly, I think I'm at a point where the most beneficial thing for my life and soul and is to flow as best I can with...life. My flow of thoughts this morning took me on the craziest ride. I rode on highs of love and compassion for myself with each breath sinking into the next pose. While also sulking in the lows of anger, jealousy and depression and mainly frustration. My asana sessions over the past 3 days have truly been therapeutic. For some reason each time I work though the soreness of a pose (from not practicing in weeks :-/ ), it feels like a new, deeper, intense piece of my issues, of the burden I carry is revealed. 

Not to say that I feel relieved or at peace, but it's growth right? The more I truly understand what's really bothering me, what's really the cause, the root of the negative feelings I'm having, the closer I actually become to achieving true, inner peace. This is what asana is doing for me...This is what yoga is all about. In particular, this is what the primary series of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Tradition is all about. In fact, the primary series was nicknamed Yoga Therapy by its creator Sri K Pattabhi Jois....I just hope I can make it through "therapy" and truly address my issues for the best. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.