Child-Like Dreams

As a child, I used to dream of the possibilities of my life. I thought I could go anywhere and do anything, be anyone that I wanted to be. The world was endless a playground of sorts where I could play and be merry all day long. Now I'm no longer a child. I'm a young adult who feels as though sometimes I'm drowning in a see of regret for not taking full advantage of the opportunities afforded to me in my youth. For not travelling abroad in college or taking crazy classes like astrology or marine biology. For not thinking outside of the box of typical, "decent" jobs that include doctors, lawyers and professors. Why didn't I think of yoga or of becoming a marine biologist where I could spend my days near the ocean spending my time with animals of the sea or travelling abroad learning the various forms of yoga and what they bring to the life of the practitioner or why didn't I go into journalism where I could still travel and write about my adventures? Why didn't I stay child-like and let my dreams dictate my actions instead of fear and reality? I mean what is reality really :-)

The next time I blink I will be 30. And yes I know that is still very young, but is it young enough for me to still do all the crazy whacky things I dreamt of as a child. To be silly and adventurous without fear and anxiety. To explore...explore life and all the joys this natural world has to offer. Is there really still time for me to do those things now? With loans, bills and future financial obligations coming my way? Can I still do something crazy like get up and move to Florida to be near the ocean, or go on a year long trek through forests and mountains of the U.S. or become a yoga teacher that enhances the spiritual lives of others through asana and life lessons or pick up and travel all around the world visiting historic sites and places of sacredness and spirituality enhancing my life and uncovering my soul with each new place? Is there still time for me to make a true and lasting connection with nature? Is there still time for my child-like dreams to come true?

I need the passion and energy for life without worry that all children seem to exhibit. That I used to exhibit way back when. I want...no, no, no...I need hope that I can be that innocent again...I want, I need to find my passion to dream and have that guide me for the rest of my life...

I want to start making my dreams a reality no matter the cost. I want to start living, make connections and just...live. I want to go swim with dolphins, deep sea dive at the Great Barrier Reef, walk along the Great Wall, explore the ruins of Machu Picchu, visit the lava parks of Hawaii, sail around the world, go on retreat in the sacred temples of Nepal, camp at the base of Mount Everest and most of all wake up to the sun gazing through my window as I look out surrounded my nature, by trees, the ocean, sand, birds and other animals. I want to live out my dreams...And I'm forever determined to do so, because dreams are what ignite us, dreams are what originally guided us...dreams are...us.

Question (and I hope someone will answer): What did you dream of as a child? Have those dreams changed? Do they still guide you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.