Day 23 - Progressional Clicks

This morning's practice was interesting. I attempted to forget about the common daily events of my life and just be during my asana practice. I attempted to allow myself the extra breaths in between poses to allow it to sink that I actually woke up this morning and I'm currently doing yoga. 

I wanted to revel in it to help distract me from my upcoming day. My day which would be filled with so many things to do, half of which wouldn't get done and the accompany fear and worry of not getting those things done. I wanted to just BE during my practice. I chose to dive deeper into the poses, stretching my hamstrings even more in forward bend attempting to touch my forehead to my knees and opening my chest more in downward dog. Apparently, it worked because immediately coming out of savasana I could feel it in those very areas. 

By allowing myself to try and be present during my asana practice, I had a "click" as I like to call them. Little moments where something just makes sense to me. I don't call them realizations because similar to Sati, I believe that true realizations are ones that forever change you and stick with you. A realization becomes embedded into who you are and you live it from that moment forward. After coming up from savasana I recognized the overwhelming and yet subtle calm that comes over me after my practice. I can't really describe, but the little things that typically annoy me like when my dog decides to join me for asana practice at the wrong times are beautiful. The general noises of the house that my roommates typically make in the morning are harmonious. I decided to revel in it a little bit longer this morning to allow it to soak into my being a little deeper...Practice was calming this morning....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.