Day 24 - Breath Control

Asana practice this morning was somewhat challenging and successful (if that can really apply). I sweat more than usual without the aid of extra heat or simply hot weather. By the time I was into my second Surya Namaskar A, I was thirsting for water. Something was happening. I've been practicing for almost a month now and this time my practice felt deeper. As if the fire that was brewing as a result of my asana practice was dissolving a layer of me. I know this may sound crazy, but I honestly can't describe. It just felt deep this morning. 

I felt calmer and more in control of my movements. By the time I got to Surya Namaskar B, I was still heaving but I wasn't as short of breath as I used to be. It felt like I was on the edge of being able to add another round of it, but not quite yet. You know like when you're so close, but have just a little ways to go. Its crazy that I'm mentioning this of my asana practice, while at the same time, at this very moment the same can  be applied to my thesis writing. I'm currently writing the last body chapter and once that's finished its smooth sailing which just brief and simple introduction and conclusion. 

Slowly but surely, I'm getting more in tune with myself...little by little...and I'm noticing it through the pattern and speed of my breath...Practice and all is coming....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.