Day 22 - Pushing Through...


 Today marks the twenty second day (4/17) that I've practiced yoga in the ashtanga tradition. I woke up this morning dreading to get out of my bed. Not because I didn't want to do my asana practice, but because its SOOOOO COLD! I live in Wyoming where unless you have money to have the heat running 24/7, you just have to suck it up and deal with it. Which wouldn't be so bad, if I weren't attempting to develop a consistent yoga practice. The effort involved for me to get to the mat is what I dread, but once I'm on...I'm on. 

 
I'm up to 5 Surya Namaskar A's and 1 Surya Namaskar B during each session. At first I thought Surya Namaskar B would be a breeze just like A, but boy was a wrong. Even though the concept of 1 breath = 1 movement is still there, its something about the added and multiple movements of lunging into virabhadrasana (warrior I pose) and then going into chaturanga dandasana that wears me out and has me puffing by the time I go into the last adho mukha savasana for a few breaths. Needless to say, I completely underestimated Surya Namaskar B and the fire it makes within you. But I'm proud of myself, I'm not pushing or itching myself to do more than what I can do. And I'm ok with that, happy even. I'm still the person that wants to scratch things off her list and keep moving, but I've slowed down a bit. I'm still in a hurry to get things done, but not in as much of a hurry as I used to be...progress right? baby steps ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.