My Spicy Hummus

So I never realized, how much I really like flavored hummus. And how filling AND healthy it is for you. Unfortunately, already prepared hummus is extremely expensive and doesn't give you much for your dollar. So I made my own. Simple to make right?...Right!

Ingredients
  • 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, garbanzo beans
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter (tahini or sesame oil can be substituted, just something that is nutty)
  • 2 tbsps olive oil
  • 1-2 tsps paprika
  • 1-2 tsps chili powder
  • 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
  • leftover juice from chickpeas
Directions:
  1. In a blender, finely blend chickpeas, olive oil and about 2 tbsps of the leftover juice.
  2. Once the ingredients have the desired consistency, add peanut butter and blend.
  3. Next add, paprika, chili powder and juice. You can add more chickpean juice if needed.
  4. And serve with pita chips, carrot or celery sticks.



*Hummus typically includes salt as well, but I've been trying to cut that out. I like spicy food, so if its too much or even too little, adjust the spices to your taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.