Lazy Kung Pao Tofu...

I get extremely lazy from time to time, especially during the spring semester, but I still want my gourmet food. Well here is my extremely lazy take on Kung Pao Chicken (Panda Express again), but with tofu.


Ingredients:
  • Half block of extra firm tofu
  • 1/2 cup thickly chopped white or yellow onions
  • 3 medium to large cloves, minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup sliced scallions
  • 7-10 dried red chilis (depending on heat level desired)
  • 3-5 oz whole cashews, salted or unsalted
  • 1 cup Panda Express Kung Pao Sauce
  • 1/2 - 1 cup water
  • oil

Directions:

Sauce
  1. In a small pot, heat Kung Pao sauce and 1/2 cup of water.
  2. Continually stir, adding more water for desired consistency. (I used about 3/4 cup of water, I wanted it to be liquidy ;-).
  3. Set Aside.
Tofu and Veggies
  1. Wrap the half block of tofu in a paper towel to get rid of excess water.
  2. Once semi dry, cube into small-medium pieces.
  3. In a saucepan, heat 3 tbsps of oil.
  4. Once hot, add tofu and cook on each side until a very light golden brown.
  5. Add onions and cook until translucent.
  6. Add cashews and garlic and cook for 1 minute (you don't want the garlic to burn).
  7. Add Kung Pao sauce and red chilis. Let cook for 5-6 minutes.
  8. Add scallions and cook for 1-2 minutes.




  9. Serve.





  10. *Kung Pao dishes usually have peanuts instead of cashews, but I prefer them so that's what I used.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.