Learning to Float in Surya Namaskar with David Garrigues

I've been so scared of attempting the mystical ashtanga float, jump back and throughs. Maybe more so intimidated than scared. Luckily, I happened upon this video and several more by the loved David Garrigues. He's based in Philadelphia, but has tons of videos and many which are helpful to 'newborn babies' of ashtanga such as myself. I love that in this video he gives you several progressive exercises to help get you to a full float as well as modified exercises using blocks. He covers everything for everyone. Gotta love it!

As this site was created partially to help others like me who are brand new to ashtanga and perhaps doing it on their own, I want to share and post this video. Hopefully it will help whoever is reading this, just as I hope it will begin to assist me in making the transition from stepping back and forward to floating and jumping. Best Wishes!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

LINKwithlove
Copyright © 2013-2015 Love.Yoga.Dream. All Rights Reserved.Opinions are my own and do not reflect any one specific set of yoga teachings. I don't offer professional advice. Results are not guaranteed.